March 6, 2008

Rumour has it...

...that my birthday is today. However this is false because after I turned 29 I stopped counting birthdays. So today I am still 29 with 6 years experience. Whose idea was it anyway to celebrate birthdays?!? Oh well, bring on the cake and ice cream!

An interesting thought came across my mind this morning as I was reading my devotional. Do I care more about the social injustices of this world more than I care about people committing their lives to Christ? Am I more concerned about helping repair someone's home than about whether or not they have heard about God's free gift of grace? Is it more important to me to meet the physical needs of others as opposed to their spiritual needs? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that serving others is not important. It may take that initial serving of others to build a bond so that God's grace can be realized. What I am wondering is where do I focus more attention and importance. I love to serve others and do missions, but maybe I should be more intentional to show God's love in action and speak it in word.

So with that said I will pray that God reveals to me what my priorities actually are in hopes that they are the same as God's priorities for me. I pray that all of us will make God's priorities our own. I will pray for you, will you pray for me?

1 comment:

Em said...

Happy Birthday Cradle Robber!! I love you!

let me be frank...the Frank

My photo
I am married to Emily, dad to Caden & Grayson, dad to Maddie (my dog), Pastor, seminary student, Chaplain Candidate (MSARNG), avid coffee drinker, blessed beyond what I deserve, but most of all God loves me.

let me be frank...the Scripture of the Day

let me be frank...the followers

let me be frank...the previous stuff