March 26, 2008

His eye is on the sparrow...

This morning my devotional spoke on the subject of being still and knowing that God is God. We stay so busy in our lives with work, family, church activities, community activities, charities, recreational sports, working out, etc., etc., that I wonder if we really are too busy for God?!? We can be so busy doing "good" things that we can forget that God wants a relationship with us and that a relationship involves daily communication. It involves spending quality AND quantity time with each other. Most of us are not heading in a wrong spiritual direction or have no intentions of ignoring God, but when we don't take time every day to be still and know that He is God then we are ignoring our relationship. I include myself in this group! I worry and worry about everything when ultimately I just need to be still. When things are on track and running smooth I also just need to be still. My prayer today is that I midst all of the tasks ahead of me that I can be still and know that He is God. I will pray the same for you if you will pray the same for me. Blessings and peace.

No comments:

let me be frank...the Frank

My photo
I am married to Emily, dad to Caden & Grayson, dad to Maddie (my dog), Pastor, seminary student, Chaplain Candidate (MSARNG), avid coffee drinker, blessed beyond what I deserve, but most of all God loves me.

let me be frank...the Scripture of the Day

let me be frank...the followers

let me be frank...the previous stuff