March 3, 2008

My First Blog Entry

Well I am finally making my first of what could be many blog entries. I have been using Facebook and MySpace for sometime, but this is my first attempt at blogging. I hope you can manage to stand my rantings and ravings.

So this past week I got to know a character in the Bible a little more in-depth and realized that I could have written the book of Ecclesiastes had it not already been written. Growing up in church I have always known about King Solomon, but I never knew that he struggled with the same thoughts, feelings, emptiness, and search for meaning that I had for so many years. Everything Solomon tried to find peace, joy, contentment, happiness, and meaning/purpose for life was exactly the same thing I tried...or at least to the best of my resources since I am not a king.

Anyway, to make a long story short, both Solomon and I came to the same conclusion. However if I would have read his journal, which we commonly refer to as the book of Ecclesiastes, I might have been able to save myself many wasted years. I do want to conclude my first entry with a verse or two from Solomon's journal in hopes that it will help others in their own search for the missing piece to true peace, joy, contentment, happiness, and meaning/purpose in life.

"Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone’s duty.
God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad." Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 (NLT)

No comments:

let me be frank...the Frank

My photo
I am married to Emily, dad to Caden & Grayson, dad to Maddie (my dog), Pastor, seminary student, Chaplain Candidate (MSARNG), avid coffee drinker, blessed beyond what I deserve, but most of all God loves me.

let me be frank...the Scripture of the Day

let me be frank...the followers

let me be frank...the previous stuff